The YMCA has been offering swimming lessons to Canadians since the 1900s. Thousands of Canadians have learned to swim at the Y. We have a passion for splashin', and hope you do, too! Jump into our aquatics program to find the one that's right for you and your family.
Through swim lessons, aquatic fitness classes, and other programs, YMCA Aquatics offers you and your family many ways to make a splash. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced swimmer, you can gain the skills and confidence you need to stay safe and enjoy the pool.
- Bathing caps are mandatory at the YMCA. For your convenience they can be purchased at our Membership Services Desk.
- Non-members ages 18 and over require government photo ID for admission.
Come and enjoy the water at your own convenience! Our pools are available for drop-in and lane swimming throughout the day. No matter how busy you are, there is a swim time to fit your schedule.
Supervision of Children
To ensure safety and security of children while at the YMCA, please follow our Program Participation Policy at all times.
Supervision at the Aquatic Center
For increased safety, all swimmers under the age of 12 who want to swim in the main pool must complete a brief swim test conducted by an onsite lifeguard prior to swimming in the pool. Upon completion, the child will be given a GREEN wristband, allowing them to enter the main pool. Those who decide not to do the swim test and those who are unsuccessful in completing the swim test, can swim with their parent/guardian in the pool with the exception of the deep end, which is past the buoy line in the main pool. Parents/guardians must remain within 'direct supervision' at all times for non-instructed programs like public swims.
Swim Lessons - FREE for members!
YMCA swim lessons encourage children and adults to learn proper swimming technique and understand the importance of water safety. Classes emphasize having fun while learning from qualified instructors.
Swim Lesson Policies
- You must have a membership to register for swim lessons.
- Members may register or make a lesson change at any time.
- If a child misses three lessons in a row for reasons other than documented illness, the space will be forfeited.
- If a membership is on hold, the child will be removed from the lessons.
- Evaluations are done approximately every 6 - 8 weeks.
- Little Swimmer disposable swim pants MUST be worn for all children who need to wear diapers.
- Swim caps are mandatory at the YMCA. For your convenience they can be purchased at our Membership Services Desk.
Want to add a little variety to group fitness classes? Just add water! The properties of water will bring a new dynamic to your workout. The resistance of the water strengthens your muscles as you push and pull your body through the water. While moving at top speed, or any speed, your body weight is supported by the buoyancy of the water, so you reduce the impact on your joints as you improve your cardiovascular fitness.
Open the door to employment and volunteer possibilities through our YMCA Aquatic Certifications programs. Certification as a lifeguard or swimming instructor can lead to employment opportunities at the YMCA and elsewhere. You'll also develop leadership skills that can have a profound impact on your future success.
Please call 857-0606 to put your name on an interest list to be contacted for the next session.
Find Aquatics Programs
Swim Lesson Progress Here - have your membership ID # ready.