The YMCA is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy. Each of us can make it better for all by being considerate to others. YMCA members, staff and volunteers pledge to treat one another with respect and dignity. The YMCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership at its sole discretion for inappropriate behavior.
The following behaviours will not be tolerated within the facility, on the property, or at any YMCA of Greater Moncton function:
- Any physical assault, threats, or use of intimidation
- Any criminal or disruptive behaviour
- Any sexual, ethno-cultural and/or racial abuse, slurs or harassment
- Any action or language that is disrespectful, profane or offensive
- Any abuse of the facility and/or equipment
- Fraud, which includes the misuse of membership cards and/or facilities
- The unauthorized use, possession or sale of alcohol or drugs
As the YMCA serves people of all ages and from all walks of life, with varying degrees of intellectual and physical capacity, each code of behaviour is managed on a case-by-case basis.
Failure to comply with this Member Etiquette Statement may result in cancellation of membership and/or removal from the building, property or event.
Attire and Safety
We are here to help you achieve your goals and enjoy a respectful, safe and fun workout. We encourage all members and guests to support each other in making all spaces welcoming, safe and comfortable environments.
- For your safety and the safety of others, proper attire must be worn while in program areas at all times. Only clean, dry, non-marking, indoor footwear is permitted. Gym attire must be worn in exercise spaces and swimwear must be worn in aquatic spaces. Examples of acceptable gym attire includes shirts, tank tops, sports bras, shorts, leggings, and, for aquatic spaces, one- or two-piece bathing suits. All clothing and personal items must refrain from discriminating or profane messages.
- Please note: Bathing caps are required while using the pools. Only indoor footwear is permitted while on the pool deck.
- Protect your belongings - lock them up in a locker. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items
Policy re photos, videos or recordings
- When taking photos, videos or recordings of any kind, please ensure you are not capturing any non-consenting individuals. In particular, this includes any fitness area or class, aquatic area or class, or youth program.
- If individual photographed/recorded is under the age of 18, the photographer must receive permission from the individual’s parent/guardian.
- Photos, videos or recordings of any kind are strictly prohibited in locker room and washroom areas.
- Members are encouraged to report immediately to YMCA staff any individuals using a cell phone, camera or other recording device in a suspicious manner.
- Media: Any photography or recordings on site by members of the media must have prior approval by YMCA Management. Please contact: Cathy Donaldson, Director of Communications, at 857-0606 Ext. 2239 or Amy Richard, VP, Membership Services at 857-0606 Ext. 2255