Each year, more than 300 YMCA volunteers give their time to help people learn, grow, and thrive, right here in our community. Volunteers make a significant contribution and you can too by volunteering with the YMCA.
There are many types of volunteer roles across our Association. Whether supporting our programs and events or providing expertise and leadership, volunteers are at the heart of everything we do. Whatever your talents, interests, or schedule, there is an opportunity for you to give back through the YMCA.
How do I get started?
At the Y, our volunteers are integral to fulfilling our mission and we put considerable effort into interviewing, orienting and training each applicant. To ensure the volunteer experience is rewarding for everyone, we ask that you follow these initial key steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form (pdf link below) and submit by:
- Your application will be reviewed to confirm available volunteer opportunities according to interests and skills listed. Due to the volume of applications we receive, it may take up to 15 business days for one of our staff to contact you.
- Participate in an interview set up by a YMCA staff
- Provide 3 professional/supervisory references
- Provide a current (within 3 months) Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record Check
If you are a group, company or organization looking for volunteer opportunities, please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 857-0606 ext. 2253.
Volunteer Application Form for YMCA of Greater Moncton
Volunteer Application Form for YMCA Campbellton