The YMCA of Greater Moncton will close both of their fitness facilities as of January 6, 2021 based on the decision of the province of New Brunswick to revert the entire province to the Orange Alert Level due to the recent increase of positive COVID-19 cases. We will remain closed until we return to the Yellow Alert Level.
December 7, 2020. We’re so relieved to hear this and happy to share what this change means for our Y and our members. The following changes are effective at our Vaughn Harvey-War Veterans Ave location as of this morning:
· All locker rooms have re-opened for use by our members.
· Mask use in our facilities is mandatory in our public spaces and strongly recommended until you begin exercising. We ask that you do this for your safety and for the safety of those around you.
· Active screening of members and guests upon entry will continue. Our members have made it clear that this additional step we provide makes them feel safe.
· Aquafit will resume in our main pool. We are currently working on this schedule and it will be posted online as soon as it is available.
· Swim lessons will not resume at this time. Swim families will receive communication directly from Aquatics regarding a re-start date.
YMCA Moncton North-Nord
Our YMCA Moncton North-Nord location will re-open effective Saturday, December 12 with adjusted temporary hours and follow the above changes. We have analyzed our member card scans and determined that this location is much busier in the evenings. Our temporary operating hours will be:
Sunday to Saturday
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Upcoming Holidays (Dec 24, Dec 26, Dec 31 & Jan 1)
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Re-opening of this facility includes the walking track and splash pad. The hours will be re-evaluated at a later time as we see the usage increase.
We would like to thank our members for their continued cooperation and patience as we adjust to the changing recovery phases of this pandemic. It is a confusing time for everyone when changes are announced – including us! We are doing our best to pivot as quickly and as safely as possible, and we thank you for your understanding and continued support of our Y, we wouldn’t be here without you.
The Government of New Brunswick announced yesterday that Zone 1 will move back to the Yellow Phase of recovery effective 12:00 am