The YMCA of Greater Moncton is a values based charity with six core values; Respect, Responsibility, Inclusiveness, Honesty, Caring and Fun. The YMCA will undertake all reasonable steps to ensure that policies and procedures are understood and consistently and fairly applied.
This policy is intended to encourage and enable all individuals as well as groups to raise any concerns that they may have so that we can address and correct inappropriate conduct and actions.
- We believe that all suggestions and complaints should be dealt with promptly and resolved as quickly as possible.
- We commit to review all suggestions and complaints in a fair, impartial and respectful way for all parties.
- Complainants always have the option to bring their complaint to a more senior staff person if they are dissatisfied with treatment or outcome or are uncomfortable dealing with a particular staff or volunteer.
- Complainants are provided clear and understandable reasons for decisions relating to complaints and are updated with relevant information throughout the process.
Types of Complaints
Definition: A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the service, actions, or lack of action by the YMCA of Greater Moncton, a staff member, a member, participant or volunteer acting on its behalf. Anyone personally affected can complain and their complaint will be reviewed.
It is contrary to our values for anyone to retaliate against someone who, in good faith, reports a complaint.
Complaint Receipt and Handling
A complaint may be received in any of the following ways:
- Verbally, in person at the YMCA
- By telephone at 857-0606
- In writing to: YMCA of Greater Moncton, 30 War Veterans Avenue, Moncton, NB E1C 0B3
- By fax at 859-8198
- By email at email@example.com
- By submitting the form on our Contact Us page.