To our valued members - November 20, 2020
Based on the decision of the Province of New Brunswick earlier today, both of our YMCA locations will remain open during this newly announced Orange Phase. Being allowed to remain open means we do have to make some additional changes. As of tomorrow morning (Friday, November 20):
- Masks or face shields are now MANDATORY in all areas at all times within our YMCA . Masks are MANDATORY even when exercising.
- Locker rooms will NOT be available for use.
These 2 stipulations are required by the province of New Brunswick in order for us to remain open. These will remain in place until the government informs us otherwise.
All Aquatic Programs will be put on hold while in the orange phase. This includes all classes, swimming lessons, Aquatic Fitness classes, Public Swims.
Lane Swimming & Adult Therapy Swim will continue as normal with reduced capacity. Online booking for all 4 lanes will be available. Drop in Lane Swimming will be paused.
Tween Zone Program will be paused for 2 weeks.
Our Youth Programing will be on pause beginning Friday, November 20th as part of the Orange Recovery Level; this includes: Karate, Y Kids Move, Basketball – Skills and Drills,Kinder Fun Fit, Play Pals and Childminding.
Children over 2 years old are required to wear masks for our indoor play structure and splash pad.
Active screening will continue at both of our locations.
More information will follow as it becomes available.
We are very happy to be able to remain open for our members and we thank you in advance for following the new protocols as we all work to adjust to our new normal.
Membership Payments - October 2020
During the closure, all of our membership accounts were put on ‘hold’. No membership payments were removed. Our payment schedule will resume where it left off (ex. If you had 5 days before your next payment prior to our closing, you will have 5 days before your next payment once we re-open) Any pre-paid annual memberships or memberships through our Financial Assistance Program will be extended by the amount of days we were closed.
Masks and Physical Distancing
Masks or face shields are now MANDATORY in all areas at all times within our YMCA . Masks are MANDATORY even when exercising.
We will continue to do ‘active screening’ at both of our locations. Each person entering either of our facilities will be asked the questions provided by the provincial government’s screening tool, have their temperature taken by a touchless, infrared thermometer and asked to sanitize their hands.
Program Schedules and Swim Lessons
See our current Hours + Schedules page - it will be updated as needed.
Lane swimming as well child/youth programs will require reservations, which can be made through our online portal HERE. All other aquatics and fitness offerings will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, with various class-size maximums (see schedule).
Our community programs were uninterrupted during this closure and will continue to run following all recommended safety protocols.
Daycare and Afterschool Programs
These programs were uninterrupted during our closure and continue to run as normal following all recommended safety protocols.
Hours of Operation
We will resume our pre-closure business hours of:
Vaughn Harvey Location
5:30 am – 10:00 pm Monday through Friday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
YMCA Moncton North location
8:00 am – 8:00 pm Daily
We thank you all for your encouraging words and for sticking with us through this very odd year. We will continue to do our best to keep our members, participants and staff safe through this pandemic and beyond. If you have any questions for us, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy direct them accordingly. We can not wait to see you!
Member Code of Conduct
As a user of the YMCA of Greater Moncton, I agree to:
For our Plus Members
- Have my membership card ready – or be ready to purchase one
- Maintain a safe physical distance at all times – at least 2 m / 6 ft
- Properly wash my hands and use proper hygiene etiquette
- Respect the physical distancing markers
- Follow directional arrows
- Pre-reserve some Group Fitness and Youth classes (see program schedule for details)
- Use our member portal online HERE to register.
- Pre-reserve lane swims and limit them to two, 30-minute sessions per day
- Use our member portal online HERE to register.
- Sanitize any equipment and furniture before and after each use,
- Use locker rooms at my discretion. Members are reminded that social distancing is each person’s responsibility. If you are uncomfortable in any space, you may wear a mask, face shield or step away.
- Maintain a safe physical distance at all times. Members are reminded that physical distancing is each person’s own responsibility. If you are uncomfortable in any space, you may choose to wear a mask, face shield or step away.
Towel service is unavailable but whirlpools AND steam rooms will be open (suggested maximum of 2 people). Please be considerate of your fellow members and allow others their turn.