Our Strategic Plan 2014 – 2019 will guide our work over the next five years as we focus on improving the health of our children and youth, engaging families, developing future leaders and strengthening our local and international partnerships, programs and services.
We have identified 5 key strategic areas that will allow us to meet the changing needs of our community:
- To be a leader in quality programs, services, and partnerships. We are dedicated to building healthy communities locally and regionally. We will operate effective quality programs that consistently exceed established standards and best practices.
- To be the trusted charity of choice by donors, volunteers and members. We believe a healthy community is inclusive and provides access for all. We will grow and foster a strong philanthropic culture with Y staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and donors so no one is turned away from a YMCA experience.
- To develop future leaders through youth engagement. There are moments when young people can take major steps toward fulfilling potential and times when it is possible to lose direction or become overwhelmed. The YMCA is here to support our young people, to help them discover their potential and their leadership ability.
- To be a community leader in combating childhood obesity. Globally, childhood physical inactivity remains a crisis unresolved. The Y plays a vital role in providing children and youth access, inspiring them to move and make healthy choices and be a part of the solution.
- To leverage international partnerships to enhance mutual learning opportunities. The Y has built strong partnerships and will continue to work collaboratively to create learning opportunities for young adults.